Facebook Pages give companies more chances to grow their business on Facebook effectively. However, these pages are so easy to create. Many people end up with creating a lots of page for a same brand or company. This makes users confused, they don’t know which page is the real one. Moreover some companies have many different fan pages and they really want to merge these pages to make the management efforts easier.
In the past, it’s impossible. As a result, many people even set up a group to ask Facebook for developing this function. Maybe their voices have waken Facebook up and now, their team has released a function named “Merge duplicate pages” for Fan pages.
If you are looking for a solution for merging duplicate pages, here is what you have to do:
1. Make sure that the two pages of yours have the exact same name.
2. Make sure that your pages are categorized as Community pages because only Community Pages can be merged.
3. Go to the page you want to keep.
4. Click the Edit Page button in the top right corner.
5. From the left column menu, click Resources.
6. Click the Merge duplicate pages link.
7. A dialogue will show pages you admin that qualify to be merged. Select the page(s) you wish to merge to the page you’re on. If you’re merging a place and a page, they must have the same address information.
Note that when your request has been sent, your application will be reviewed by Facebook team. The review process may take up to 7 days, so be patient. When they have completed, they will notify you via Facebook message. After that, all of the content will be merge, including your fans. You can merge up to 5 pages per time. If you want to merge more, you must submit multiple requests.
The merge process is irreversible, so you have to think carefully before taking actions.
For more information, read Facebook FAQs about merging pages